ASTRID celebrated turning 25 years old!
Our first storage ring, ASTRID, was 25 years old in 2015. We celebrated this event on the 4th of November 2015.
In the news.
The celebrations for ASTRID were reported by the local news in Aarhus.
ASTRID2 and the Rosetta Mission. Click here to read more about how ASTRID2 is involved in the Rosetta Mission...
First official user of ASTRID2. Click here to read more about the experiments that are being performed.
200 mA of current stored in ASTRID2! Top-up at 200 mA successful.
First light in a beam line on the new ring ASTRID2. With only 1 mA of stored beam in ASTRID2 we opened up to the AU-UV beam line for initial tests.
First stored beam with RF in ASTRID2! It was also possible to accumulate a beam in the new ring.
The Inauguration of ASTRID2 was on Monday the 10th September 2012.
The inauguration was filmed by AU TV, you can view the videos here.
Articles (in Danish) on the Aarhus University website about the new ASTRID2 facility and research that will be carried out with the new light source.
See what the Danish press has to say about the new light source, ASTRID2. The articles are in Danish.
On Thursday 6th September 2012 the Danish Prime Minister, Helle Thorning-Schmidt, visited the ASTRID2 facility. The visit to the new iNano building and ASTRID2 was filmed by AU TV. You can view the video here.
Electrons circulated the new ASTRID2 ring for almost 200 µs (1300 turns of the ring).
First full turn of injected electrons in ASTRID2.
|New EU network oPAC supporting training researchers in accelerator science and technology.|
|Read about the some of the latest experiments performed on SGM2. Only in Danish Fysikoverraskelse: Elektrisk spænding opstår spontant i tyndfilm af lattergas|
Other News Links
- Non-linear beam expander systems in high-power accelerator facilities, Workshop to be held at ISA on the 26th and 27th of March 2012.
- The 19th ESLS Meeting, (European Synchrotron Light Source), 23rd and 24th of November 2011.
- Synchrotron Radiation Linear Dichroism Workshop, Tuesday 15th June 2010.
- CERN Acclerator School RF for Accelerators, 8th - 17th June 2010, Ebeltoft, Denmark.
- ISA User Meeting 2010, 28th & 29th January 2010.
- Click to see list of previous meetings/workshops
Last Modified 05 October 2018