Access to ISA
ISA welcomes applications, from national or international groups, for access to any ISA research facility.
Access to ASTRID2
Who can apply?
Anyone interested in carrying out research using one of the beam lines on ASTRID2, either from academia or industry, may apply.
- We offer the use of the experimental facilities free of charge to anyone who wishes to apply, however there is currently no transnational access programme to support EU users with travel and subsistence.
- All users are requested to submit proposals in order to allow us to plan the user schedule
How to apply?
Every year in the Autumn we make a call for proposals asking potential users to submit an application for time on one of the facilities at ASTRID2. The proposals are peer-reviewed by a panel and you will be informed of the outcome shortly afterwards.
We currently have an open call for proposals for beamtime on ASTRID2 in 2016 with a deadline for submission of the 15th of November 2015.
If you have not carried out experiments on one of the beam lines before, we recommend that you contact the relevant beamline scientist before submitting a proposal.
Zheshen Li (Matline) +45 871 56337 Søren V. Hoffmann (UV, CD) +45 871 56339 Nyk Jones (UV, CD) +45 871 55661 Philip Hofmann (SGM3) +45 871 55612
In addition let us urge you to draw the attention of any potential new users to the ASTRID2 synchrotron radiation facility and all the possibilities that ASTRID2 present.
After your beam time
For all users of ASTRID2
For our records all users are requested to fill in and return a User Registration Form, you can download the registration form as a word document below.
We ask you to email us with details of any publications (papers, articles, theses etc.) resulting from research carried out on any of the ASTRID or ASTRID2 facilities. Please email the full title and reference of the publication to and/or .
For publications resulting from access supported by one of the EU programmes may we remind you to include the appropriate acknowledgement in the publication.
- Research supported by CALIPSO (1st June 2012 - 31st May 2015) should include the acknowledgement: "The research leading to these results has received funding from the European Community's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) CALIPSO under grant agreement nº 312284."
- Research supported by i3-ELISA (1st March 2009 - 31st August 2011) should include the acknowledgement: "The research leading to these results has received funding from the European Community's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement nº 226716"
- Research supported by IA-SFS (1st March 2004 - 28th February 2009) should include an acknowledgement to the: I3 Integrated Activity on Synchrotron and Free Electron Laser Science (IA-SFS),contract number RII3-CT-2004-506008, under the Research Infrastructure Action of the FP6 EC programme Structuring the European Research Area.
Details of previous projects on ASTRID can be found in the pdf files below.
Project List 2005/06
Project List 2006/07
Project List 2007/08
Project List 2008/09
Project List 2009/10
Project List 2010/11
Project List 2011/12
Project List 2012/13 Project List 2014
Project List 2015
Last Modified 09 March 2016